About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old girl loving each day of life. I married the man of my dreams in July 2008. We welcomed our first child in 2010, and I can't wait to see what God has planned for our family!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Warning... might cause nausea


This is my husband: Collin Kelley Jones. This is what you should know about him:
- He shaves his head once a week because he feels like he has a fro otherwise.
- He hates to smile in pictures... but I can convince him to! He usually smirks.
- He loves to fish.
- He has a sister named Amy who I REALLY need to get to know. I wish we lived closer so we could spend more time together.
- His mom's name is Meleah and his dad's name is Kelley. Super sweet family.
- He is resistant to change, but comes around to most things with gentle, patient persuasion.
- He loves dogs, but doesn't want one cause it is so much work.
- He says he hates my cat, but I catch him holding her all the time! He whistles at her like she's a dog.
- He teaches elementary PE with Ms. Bills. They are like the superheroes of PE!
- He is really great when I'm upset. He has a way of calming me down and helping me see past the present into the future.
-He loves to go to the park.
- He is beatable in mini-tini.
- Mashed potatoes are/is his favorite food on the planet.
- He makes piles... of everything! Never in it's proper place, but neat and tidy.
- He is much more silly around me than most people. He makes me laugh more than any person I've ever met.
- He refused to take meds even if he is dying.
- He played high school basketball.
- He is a wonderful new uncle.
- He is super close to his dad's side of the family. His cousins are practically siblings to him.
- He is most comfortable in casual clothes and tennis shoes.
- He doesn't sing in the shower... or really anywhere. He mumbles in church sometimes and plays with me at home, but prefers just to listen.
- He procrastinates and gets grumpy when I make him clean the house.
- He lets me think I can whoop him!
- He steals pillows.
- He once accidentally stole chapstick from wal-mart!
- He drives a white truck identical to my father's. lol
- His first truck was totalled by a drive-by smoker! (the guy bent down to get his cigarette and crashed into his truck!)
- He broke his finger once.
- He is just like his dad's dad. I know he is so proud of it too.
- He is a Christian.
- He loves his job and those that he works with.
- He likes to make me laugh by: talking in a British accent with me, doing fake Harry Potter spells on me, calling himself Dobby, tango-ing through the livingroom, exploding biscuits, hiding under the couch cushions, wearing his shorts above his belly-button, acting like he can't hear me until I've said something 3 times!, acting scared of me when I threaten him, and over-reacting to simple things like stubbing his toe!
I guess that is enough for now. Just thought you should get to know him a little bit. He is my knight in shining armor, personal comedian, and hanger of the moon. I feel overwhelmed by his love. My cup overflows. (Sorry if I made you puke with my gushy-ness. I've been waiting for him my whole life... God is good.)

3 comments:

JoyiaW said...

Aww, Lyn :) Don't apologize for being so happy and enthusiastic about your new husband! It's incredibly sweet!! I'm really happy that God has blessed you with such a wonderful guy!

Kevin and Laura said...

If you go under your 'live traffic feed' to 'options' - you can opt to ignore your own hits:)
The feed is a great way to see that lots of people read who don't comment:)

April Jackson said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now so I thought that I would let you know. I heard about Colling blowing up the biscuits..never really knew that could happen. Your post about Laura was too sweet...you and her have a blessed relationship that I am super jealous of never having!! Email me at jacksonfamilyblog@gmail.com if you want access to read my blog!!