About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old girl loving each day of life. I married the man of my dreams in July 2008. We welcomed our first child in 2010, and I can't wait to see what God has planned for our family!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Being Pregnant is Wierd!

Being pregnant is such a blessing. Although I'm terrified, I feel absolutely without a doubt as if God has personally reached down and touched us.
That being said... let's be real. Being pregnant is like something out of a sci-fi movie!
My thoughts on pregnancy:
- I'm just a month short of being half way through my pregnancy, and I'm just now feeling like something foreign is in there! It is so scary to think that something the size of a cantaloupe could be inside you without knowing it! Seriously... my uterus has gone from the size of a plum to a cantloupe with very few symptoms.
- I seriously never thought that puking semi-daily would be the least of my worries. What goes in must go out.... oh no. Not in pregnancy. No, no... between my growing uterus, hormones, and prenatal pills my system freaked out. It was almost a relief to puke it cause then I knew i wouldn't have issues later. Too much info you say??? Well, somebody's gotta say it. I sure didn't know till I wound up in the ER!
- My shape is totally wierd! I've lost 15lbs since I got pregnant... but not how i would have guessed. I've lost inches off my thighs, arms, neck, etc... but not a smidgen off my waist! The butt and thighs of all my jeans are super saggy, but fit at the waist. I'm just now starting to show... but I'm at the awkward phase where most folks are scared to ask. (Is she pregnant or super bloated?)
- On a fun note, maternity pants are amazing! I will be so sad to retire my stretchy pants next summer... I may not actually. Even when I get back to a regular shape... stretchy pants ROCK!
- I'm completely worthless for anything except baby growing. This is wonderful somedays cause I feel so yucky, but can also be quite degrading! I can't even scoot desks around my room without someone poking their head in and telling me to sit down. For example, we have a volleyball team starting this week at school. It consists of bouncing a ball around the gym in the most not aggressive fashion known to sport! No one is diving on the floor or spiking the ball. There is no danger of getting nailed by a ball or rolling around on the floor like the type of play I am accustomed to. I have mentioned playing to a few folks, and you would think I said I was going to go eat my feet! I'm fully capable of passing a ball around guys!!!!
- There is an actual human being growing in me. Although a blessing, that's kinda wierd and gross.
- People touch my belly all the time! I understand when people touch bellies that are 7-9 months pregnant... but I'm four people! I'm not an amazing size... you can't feel my baby... most of what you are touching is my belly fat. It's like touching someone's belly that is pudgy... awkward at best. Give me a few months.
- I pee at least 5 times a night! It was my very first symptom actually at 4 weeks. So it is not the size of my growing baby... it is just having more fluids pumping through your system. It is no joke; I bet pregnant women pee more in nine months than normal folks do in a year!
... I think that's all I've got for now. I'm sure I'll have more in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for belly photos. I promise to post a few once I'm definitally prego looking... not just bloated. Also, we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl in the next month. I'm trying to talk Collin into finding out in the next week... but we have to pay a bit extra. We'll see. If not, we can find out at 20 weeks. Boy or Girl... thoughts?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I didn't know what to think when I saw that you had posted! It's almost a miracle!!!! We need to get together for a movie like we talked about almost a month ago?!!!!! I saw pay the extra $$$ and find out now!! But, I'm not the one paying the big $. Ha! Can't wait to know! I want to hang out with you soon! And see those belly pics!