Never post that your life is boring!
So last week my athletics program hosted the district basketball tournament for girls 9th and JV teams. There were two days of consecutive games and in between I traveled with the Varsity team to take care of stats. On Saturday I started having pain in my right side of my stomach around noon. I was a bit puzzled but not too worried. Sunday the pain continued, but never worsened. At this point I was a bit nervous because it was constant and spreading a bit. When I was still and relaxed it was almost gone, but the second I got up and moved it returned. So Monday I went to school knowing I was going to have to make a doctor's appointment. I couldn't get to my regular doctor before the office closed because I have practice after school. At about 4 I knew practice was going to have to end early, so I called it quits at five and drove straight to minor emergency of Denton. The pain was increasing. I sat in the minor emergency room for 2 hours only to be told that I need to go straight to the real deal. "Do not pass go, Do not collect two hundred dollars." Eek, he thought it was possibly my appendix cause something was high on my urine test. Awesome. (What is that anyways. That is where I look things up in the back of the book right?) Alright... I got alittle nervous.
So, I kept trying to call my hubby, but he was happily playing racket ball with my dad and some buddies. So, with a good book and my Ipod I checked into Presby. They were much more prompt. I only had to wait for 30 mins to get a room and a bed. This was not comforting. Being at the bottom of the priority list can sometimes be a good thing ya know? Collin finally got my call and was shocked! He did not like seeing me in my gown in the ER. I think it scared him a bit. He was awesome! Held my hand even when they sent the rookie blood lady to poke and prod me! She tried to put my iv in my wrist joint! Seriously! Blood squirted everywhere and it was all I could do to stay in the bed! It was so bad that Collin had to go sit down. He was white as a ghost! I made her pull it out and try a different spot. The forearm was not great, but sooo much better! My wrist looked like I had a big grape growing inside with all the swelling from the first attempt. Today both places are nice and bruised.
Hours later, I had downed red dye stuff and was in a cat-scan. Then hours after that, I was sick from the dye stuff, but the Doc had good news. My appendix was hiding during the cat-scan, but there were no signs that it was distressed. However, I did have a 4 cm ovarian cyst that was most likely the source of my pain! Yeah! So, at 2:30, we headed home. Part of me was soooo relieved that it was just a cyst, but the other part of me is regretting the hospital bill for a silly cyst. Also, the pain will not go away for me until the cyst bursts or magically disappears. I had a cyst that I didn't even know I had until it burst in college. The doc said it was relatively small, but it took me out! I'm nervous for this big one to pop, but at least I know that my appendix is not going to burst and make me sick.
Today I'm still hurting, but I have much more peace of mind. I slept in and went to work at 12:00 with bunch of Tylenol. Well, I said life was boring. I guess this is what I get!
9 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my goodness little one...glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment