Here's a quick update on current events in the Jones house.
Surgery went well yesterday. I'm up and about but sooo sore. My doctor could not remove the cyst without removing the ovary, but she drained it. It may or may not return but for now I am free of it! Strangely, the worst part has been the left over air in my abdomen. They pumped me full during surgery and now it has to be absorbed by my body somehow. Until then my shoulders right under my clavicals are killin me! Wierd, but that is where the air settles until it is absorbed. Endometriosis you ask... yep. That was to downer of the day, but it is very mild. I am in the very beginning stage so we have some time. It will be a rough road eventually, but my Doctor assured us that we are not infertile at this point.
Collin has been phenominal the past few days. He held my hand till I went into surgery and has been Dr. Jones ever since. He took off of work the past two days which is the longest he has ever taken in four years. The last time he took off one day he was so ill he went to the emergency room himself. What a lucky girl I am.
While home, Collin got a treat. Pulte sent workers today to fix our foundation. He sat outside all day and watched the process. He was like a kid in a candy store. The day was loud, but exciting for us. The repair has a lifetime warranty and Pulte covered the cost.
Also this week, Laura and Kevin finally decided on a house! It is just 4 minutes away but in Argyle school district which is excellent. The whole crew will be moving in with us on Saturday for 13 days until they close on the new place. It is going to be chaos for the next two weeks. LOL! We will have 8 people living in our three bedroom house! What a circus. Someone should film us for a reality show. It might cure us from wanting a child so much. JK. We will love the time with our nieces and nephews.
Finally, we are headed into basketball playoffs. We ended district in a three way tie for first with Ponder and Krum. Now we have to play for playoff seats. We flipped a coin for who plays who and we will be playing Ponder tomorrow . The loser takes third. The winner plays Krum for first or second on Friday. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and see these girls achieve their goals.
So that's that. I'm sure there will be much more to come after this weekend. Please keep praying that when we're ready, Collin and I will be able to have the family that we both want. We both know that the prayers that went up for us this week were heard. We still have the chance of our own children. We are more thankful than words allow. Thanks to all of you who brought us before our Lord. Much love, Collin and Lyndi
9 years ago
3 comments:
I'm glad everything went well!
So glad to hear the surgery went well.
So glad everything went okay! I was thinking about you and praying for you!
Post a Comment