I'm starting to feel so pregnant!
I'm getting to the point where pictures are kinda dis-heartening. I really haven't put on lots of weight, but I'm starting to swell =(. I think, "Who cares when you're 32 weeks pregnant?" And honestly... you can't just go around with a t-shirt that says "I'm retaining water... this cheeseburger has nothing to do with it!" I'm thinkin no one would believe it. But, even though it is irrational, I want to look fit. Meanwhile, I feel guilty for worrying about my body image at all! I'm growing a baby here! Any other women get to that point during pregnancy?
So, seeing my double chin in the following picture is like a punch in the face. But I shouldn't stop documenting the process...right? Girls, will I ever want to look back at the pregnancy pictures or should I just avoid the camera until i get a bit of confidence back?
I guess pregnancy really makes a woman get over vanity quickly. Ready for a few laughs? This is what my bundle of joy has done to me lately...
I got cankles for the first time last week. I'm talking cankles that just about hung over my tennis shoes. I am really regretting not photographing them! I got so nervous that I would swell all over that I took off my wedding ring because my friend Jenny had to get hers cut off when her fingers swelled. My hands haven't joined my ankles just yet, but I'm too scared to put it back on. Now when I go out and people check out my basketball belly I have noticed more than one person also check out my naked finger. Ouch. Oh well.
In addition to gigantic cankles, I am now at the point in which bending over to tie my shoes is painful, so Collin is having to take up the slack. Therefore, now he gets an up-close and personal look at my hairy elephant feet. Because, did I mention that my skin is so dry that I am avoiding shaving? How demeaning! Seriously.
Also, did anyone else's body shape is turn into an egg on sticks! The more my belly grows, the thinner my legs and flatter my butt has become! I could be Humpty-Dumpty's firstborn! Pants just sag off my rear and slip off my belly. If only I were really cool like some of my students, I could get some saggy cargo pants and belt them up under my rear!!!
Ok... more to come later about the things Lorelai is doing to my body that I will hold over her head the rest of her life. Without further ado, the picture that caused this rant.
Ok, moving on past my dilapidating body....



These two books are a must read for any pregnant woman who appreciates when someone just "says it like it is." Beware, the author has a foul mouth and doesn't hold back, But I have literally laughed out loud in every chapter. Thanks Jessica for plugging Belly Laughs on your blog.
Below, you will see what Collin is accomplishing while I stay off my feet obsessing about my cankles. He is creating a built-in cabinet to set our new armoire on in the living room. It is coming together little by little! I'm so thankful for his building skills. Our house is going to be a home because of him. More to come as the building progresses!
4 comments:
I remember feeling like that. You look GREAT, though!
haha. Keep the ring off your finger! You don't want to go through what I did. haha. I never got cankles, but I heard they were pretty uncomfortable.
Not much longer!! You can do it. And, it is SO worth all of the body changes.
I know exactly what you mean with the pictures, but after you are back to your old body (which you will be MUCH quicker than you think) you'll appreciate these pictures and how your body changed to carry your precious little girl! I was just going through some of my pregnancy pictures a couple of days ago, and it's weird to think my stomach was ever as big as it was!! you are SO close and you look fantastic!
Funny post! See you soon :)
Yeah for Belly Laughs!! SO funny. I didn't know she had Baby Laughs out- I'll have to check into that! I can't wait to see the built in cabinet all complete.
Post a Comment