Cake-a-palooza!
Well, I'm exhaused today. I stayed up well past 1 am last night finishing a cake. It was one of my most difficult yet, but it was worth the outcome. About a year ago, I started experimenting with candy moldings for cakes and I found an awesome book by the owners of a sweet shop called Whimsical Bakehouse. Check out all the books by them if you are interested in creating tasty treats. These ladies are amazing! There are also tutorials online at http://www.whimsicalbakehouse.com/. The cake I made this week was for a little girl turning one! Her grandma gave me an invitation and I modeled it after that.
This is the birthday girl's very own mini-cake to enjoy!
I only charged fifty five for the cake and a dollar a cupcake, but I realized that wasn't enough since the chocolate is so expensive. Next time I will charge at least $120 for such details since it took about 10 hours to create. For more medium cakes I'll charge $75, and for simple cakes I'll charge 40. I know it sounds expensive for a cake, but it is less than the local bakeries, and they don't do the detailed candy molding that I have started adding. So, spread the word! I'm open for business!
2 comments:
I'm beyond impressed. You've got talent!
It turned out very nicely and they got a steal of a deal...in fact I think you got robbed:)
Post a Comment