About Me

My photo
I'm a 27 year old girl loving each day of life. I married the man of my dreams in July 2008. We welcomed our first child in 2010, and I can't wait to see what God has planned for our family!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Two weeks from Tomorrow!




I'M GETTING MARRIED TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!







Honestly, I thought this day would never come. I always hoped I would find the man that would sweep me off my feet, but about January this year I gave up on that journey. I had decided to focus my attention on other things. Little did I know God had different plans. I've decided to write down my story because it is already getting fuzzy in my brain. I don't want to loose it; I believe it is a story that directly reflects the faithfulness and goodness of God. I hope you see that as much as I do.







It all started in 9th grade when I had my first kiss in Shea Brumley's bedroom. Don't worry... It wasn't with Shea seeing how Shea is a girl.... The guy missed cause I got nervous, but it didn't matter because I was now a Woman! A girls desire to be loved and appreciated starts so early. I've always known my once desire in life is to be a wife and mother. I had a great example of both in my own mother, and I've always wanted to follow her lead. So, I have lived my life in an effort to accomplish that goal. No, I didn't try to marry my first love as a high school freshman, but I have never gone on one or two more dates with someone who I didn't think I could possibly marry in time. I wanted a man who was a Christian leader in his every day life, intelligent, fun, responsible, and with an open heart to love me as well as others! Little did i know that my searches were and would be in vain.







See, I believed that my choice was completely up to me as long as a chose a man walking in faith with the Lord. God gives us choice and free will. This I know. I thought that I would choose one, and he would bless my choice. So, I dated and dated. I gave my heart to so many men in vain. I fully opened myself to love, but nothing came. My first real heartbreak came as a college freshman by a guy who I thought was the greatest thing on earth. He was every high school girls dream. But.. I was only a freshman, so I recovered quickly. As a sophomore, I began dating a man seriously and continued to date him the rest of my college career. He was everything I thought I needed: Godly, responsible, good looking. But no matter what we did, he could not commit to me. I'm talking 3.5 years here guys! We had break ups and so many fights along the way because I couldn't understand his hesitation to love me when I had so willingly given myself to him. I finally plucked up the self respect and preservation to end it for good. I unknowingly lost self esteem and began to search for some type of fulfillment. I felt void. I hurt many a men in the process. I expected them to fill that void. How unfair!



Finally, I began to look into my life. Where had God gone in the process? I was angry at times. Why would God put such a strong desire in my life to be a wife and mother, and then not allow an opportunity for me to fulfill that goal? It just didn't seem to add up. I never intended to do life without a partner, and there I was in my third year of my career plowing along alone! So I finally broke down and had a good yell at God. (Sorry about that by the way.) I resigned myself to being single and if God wanted me to find someone, he was going to have to do the searching. I was not seeking it out any longer.







That was in January 2008. I'm getting married in two weeks! God is good! I think throughout it all, He needed me to learn to trust him with what I considered to be to most important thing in my life. I had never given him a say. As it turns out, He has had someone all along and has had a plan for me. It is obvious that Collin and I were created with a plan and purpose in mind. I'm not void without Collin. I'm complete with God. Collin is my icing on the cake. God sure knows how to give good gifts!








Check back soon. I'll write down the story of how we met and fell in love. Gross I know!

1 comment:

Penny said...

OK....so I am waiting for the story. Well, I kinda know the story, but I want details.